This is the day my life changed.
I woke early at like 530 am
I felt fine. I got the kids off
to school and I was talking on the
phone with a friend. I got off the
phone with her and had to make a few
other calls which i did.
Well all the sudden I started having
breathing problems. So I used my
nebulizer which normally would help
and I would take the treatment and
go about my business and be ok. Not
this morning. I took the treatment
and my breathing was still no better
so I got in my purse and grabbed
the rescue inhaler in hopes that
would help. NO.....so I started another
treatment and I yelled as best as I could
for help from the husband to get dressed
and take me to the hospital.
at this point I with each breath could feel
my airway closing. I knew I was in BIG
trouble. I went out on the porch thinking
that the cool air might help me which again
did not. So I grabbed my purse and I
headed to car.
I got in hubby in the driver seat and I told
him to hurry that I was dying. He said No
your not and I in turn said Yes I am...........
That was the last thing I remember.......
everything went black
everything else is just what everyone else told me........
Hubby got to the hospital which is less then a
block and a half from my home.....He got out of
the car and went to get help to get me out of the car
he knew he couldnt get me out on my own. At this point
he thought I was still breathing.
He came out with someone from ER and they pulled me from the
car and they laid me on the sidewalk and the gentleman
who came to help proceeded to give me CPR. I was unresponsive,
no pulse....no breathing.....lips blue I was in respiratory failure...
I was dead.
Hubby says the next few minutes were crazy.
they cut my clothes off.
finally got me back to breathing.
I vaguely remember waking and my sister being
at the end of my bed. I dont know what she was
saying to me. I remember a guy to my left with a
blue shirt and blue hat he was telling me to calm
down and try to breath slower and I remember the dr
voice saying we are going to have to do something
or we are going to lose her.
from what my family tells me they mentioned in the room
that they were going to helicopter me to indy. I do not
recall hearing or even telling them no. but I guess I did.
my husband overruled and signed the papers and they called
for lifeline.
I vaguely remember hearing the sound of the helicopter for
about 30 seconds. I went straight to Indiana University Health
methodist in Indianapolis to the ER there to wait a room in the
ICU unit.
I guess my legs were kicking and I was being a real ass but I again
remember nothing about it.
I woke up at 215 am with all kinds of tubes in my mouth and a
iv in my chest. They had my hands tied to the bed. Only
person left there was my husband. The nurse was in the room and
she told me where I was what had happened and what would be going
on from there. THey called respiratory in and he turned down
the vent and gave me a breathing treatment. THey eventually
turned vent off and left the tubed in til 5 something that morning.
Finally they took it out and I was on my own.
that was on monday I got to come home on wednesday even though
they wanted me to stay until Thursday I begged to go home.
I wanted to be with my kids in my home.
so I had to prove I could walk down hall and stay above 90 with
no oxygen on. SHEW they sent me home.
I have been recovering since. I cannot lay down my chest and ribs
hurt so bad. i sleep n the recliner. My days consist of eating what
someone brings to me. Watching TV and playing games on facebook
DR says could be another 6 weeks before Im back to normal.
ok so I needed to share. more soon. Im tired.
1 comment:
Oh, Tab, my love, I am SO sorry to hear about all of this! How terribly scary for you and for your family. I hope that you will be OK. What did they call what happened?
Post a Comment