Thursday, July 17, 2008

reflection

smoke free day 359....6 days it will be 365 days since I smoked my last cig.
One year ago I started Chantix.......I went to a lung specialist and found out that
my breathing problems were not only asthma but COPD......The dr told me I really needed to quit,If I wanted to live much longer it needed to be asap. So he gave me the script for Chantix. I got online and signed up for the getquit and started taking my pills. That last week day by day I smoked less and less. I noticed they started tasting really bad about day 5. By day 7 I was ready and day 8 viola no more cigs. Was it easy?? HELL NO......somedays I wanted to run to the local store and get a pack. I craved and wanted a cig so bad at times I thought I would go out of my mind. I still sometimes will when I am very stressed. I honestly dont think I could go back to smoking even if I tried. The dr was hoping for more progress towards getting my breathing better. But....instead it has gotten worse. I now take 2 inhalers a nebulizer and 2 different pills to help with my breathing.
I have gained weight. Because now that I dont smoke my hands and mouth seem to think they need something to do all the time.
I am glad I made the decision to quit. I dont smell like a cig anymore and neither do my kids. my house is completely smoke free and for the most part I am away from it at all times.
just wanted to look back a lil and I will be doing some more looking back over the week coming up to my anniversary of my 1 year!
more to come soon.....

I am still......One day at a time.......................

2 comments:

maggie said...

I am *so* proud of you and for you and with you and all of that. You inspire me.

Mz Diva said...

Congratulations! Almost a year quit! I am 240 days in to this and had sometimes I want to smoke too but just don't! I am sorry about the breathing thing. I sm also worried about the weight gain thing! Ah, another thing to "quit" somee bad habits on.
Peace,
Diva