Tuesday, October 2, 2007

thinking

Well I think this may be my last week of Chantix. Get quit just sent a thing about it being my 12th week. I had to look back and I guess I have been on it that long. Anywho......my insurance only covers for 12 weeks a calendar year. Soooooooo I am going to start tapering . Although I haven't taken the nightly dose for over a week. Almost 2 weeks. so this week I will continue just one a day and I should have enough for another 2-3 weeks to taper. I am almost positive I will be fine without. I dont have urges really anymore. ok just counted back I have 14 pills that I have not taken in other packs and I have all this weeks nightly dose. so I may be able to half my dose next week and then do that for 2 weeks I will call the dr tomorrow and see what he says.


I have to go to my regular dr tomorrow I am sick I think it may be pneumonia I just feel horrible. I hurt when I breath. The last 2 morning I have woke with a sore throat.

WELL ima go to bed for now. more soon


One day at a time.........

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Just found your posts tonight, read from your first day, and wanted to say first, hope you get to feeling better, and second, you are one FUNNY lady! Despite your physical stuff, you sure have a great outlook.

Im starting a blog here tonight myself. Im on day 1 of Chantix. Look forward to doing as well as you have!
Kathysoo

maggie said...

Wow, Tab, 12 weeks already. I'm elated for you, and I know that you will do just great, especially since you've already been cutting back and doing fine. I really didn't notice anything until I went down to the 0.25mg (1/4 of a pill) per day. Even then, it was just more frequent but not really stronger "tuggings," as I call them, so it was nothing I couldn't handle.

Ugh, pneumonia? I'm so sorry that you have that kind of stuff to deal with, and I do hope that things will start getting better since you are doing so great on your quit. Hang in there. Feel better soon.

Tracee Sioux, Sioux Ink: Soul Purpose Publishing said...

Tabitha,

I'm so sorry to hear you are sick. Sometimes my lungs and throat hurt too and I always hope it's because they are healing. I hope that's why you're hurting too.

I'm so proud of you for quitting smoking. I have a place for you to hang out even after you quit your Chantix. I find the hole where smoking used to be needs to be filled and it's hard to pick something healthy. I'll add you to my blogroll now. You can find me at http://www.quitcoping.com .

Tracee

MsTekLady said...

Hey, Tabatha! Congrats on 12 SMOKE-FREE weeks!!! You go, girl! I am so happy for you. Hang in there and keep up the good work.

Get well soon!