Last night I was at my sisters and she has Our uncle living with her. He cannot live alone so he has lived with my mom and now he lives with my sister. He comes walking up and ask me "Have you went back to smoking?" I proudly looked up at him and of course my answer was NO......I also went on to tell him I dont really think I could start back up. That I know it would choke me to death. He says to me......I'm very proud of you. I just am not ready myself to quit he said. Turns and goes to his room. After he gets to his room......I hear him in there coughing and hacking. I think to myself "Is that how I sounded?" If he only knew how much better he could feel. I didnt go in and "preach" to him. I know I would be wasting precious air. Just like people who used to "preach" to me.
My friend who is living with me has went 3 days SMOKE FREE. I am really proud of her. I only hope she continues. She said yesterday she got a whiff of someones cig at work and it about made her sick. I hope and pray she continues being smoke free.
Well its a week til christmas and the kids are getting excited. This is a different year since I am not working or bringing in income our chirstmas is a poorer one. And therefore they are getting as nice of things as normall and as many. I am almost positive they understand.
well more soon
One day at a time....................
1 comment:
Tabatha, I love the pictures you posted after this post!
I agree with you completely that preaching at people does nothing, but I am sure that you are an excellent example to those who see you doing so wonderfully with your quit. It's that kind of inspiration, I think, that encourages people to try quitting. I know for me, that's how it went once my friend said Chantix helped him.
You are awesome, Tabatha!
Post a Comment