Friday, September 14, 2007

The Blah Day!

Well here I am again. I'm feelin fairly well today. Its been a busy morning thus far and I hope It continues to be a good day! My son took off with my keys this morning to school so I had to get them so I wouldn't be stuck home all day.
Ya know I realize now why people would stand back from me in lines and such at stores and also other places. The repulsive smell of nasty cigs is just gross. I pulled a shirt out of the drawer this morning I haven't worn since before my quit and SHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW it smelled of old nasty smoke! so what did I do.....pulled all the clothes out and decided I was going to wash them cause alot of them still stink!!!!!!
Last night my daughter "shaved" her legs for the first time. She is 11 and came home yesterday and said mom people are really making fun of me because of the hair on my legs.soooooo I went to walmart and picked up some NAIR!!!! told her she will use that stuff until she is a bit older. I dont think she is responsible enough to use a real razor. she is ok with the nair though.
well I just wanted to post something this morning I am gonna go do soem laundry and I will post more over the weekend!!!!

2 comments:

maggie said...

Go, Tabatha! Yep, we stunk. Plain and simple. Doesn't it feel wonderful to get everything smelling all nice? I just *love* that.

Ah, I was in such a hurry to shave my legs, and now I just never am. Funny how stuff changes ;)

MsTekLady said...

I don't want to be a snob, but now that I've quit, I can NOT stand the smell of cigarette smoke!! It turns my stomach, almost to the point of making me throw up! Ugh!

Kind of hard to hang out with my friends who smoke...not sure how I will handle that in the future, but for now, they understand that for the next couple of months I'm a hermit...and when I do come out, it's only to smoke-free places.

I've been concentrating on one day at a time, so I haven't given much thought to how I will deal with my smoker friends. My best friend and I used to go to lunch at least once a week, but now that I've quit we haven't been to lunch because I refuse to sit in the smoking section. For now, she gets that. And as an ex-smoker, I get it, that in a one hour lunch you have to eat AND get a few smokes in...sounds straight up insane to me now!

In past quits, after a few months, I'm usually able to hang out with smokers without wanting to smoke. But the stink never bothered me as much as it does now, so I don't know...o well, one day at a time, I can not and will not deal with that issue right now.

Continued success to us all!!!