First off I will say......I dont tell all here. Even though maybe I should. I try to put on this Im ok front and Im not ok. Im really not! I wanna sleep all the time.....I dont give a rats ass if anything gets done at home......I get upset at the drop of a hat.....I wanna cry.....I wanna scream.....sometimes I feel like I wanna ram my van into a tree. Hubby yells at me for sleeping not cleaning being shitty yeah so its on and on........
so I called the dr....I know I need help! So I went today and sure enough.......I'm depressed and am having anxiety attacks. So tomorrow I start taking Effexor XR . He asked me tons and tons of questions stuff ranging back from my childhood. Things I didn't want to drag up. So now I am healing those wounds that I had to reopen. We talked about my sleep apnea. Do I feel rested after a night of sleep.??? Yeah until an hour or two later and Im back in bed. I've even not been posting here like I was. I hope this medicine works.
Dr asked how quit was going. I said well its going Im not smoking anymore. I have gained 5 lbs since I quit. like I really needed more weight!!
well I guess that is all for tonight......
one day at a time.......
3 comments:
Tabatha, I'm glad you talked to your doctor. Depression is a very real medical problem and like most medical problems, it can be treated.
After the death of my mother, I couldn't eat or sleep and I was deeply depressed. My doctor prescribed Effexor XR and it worked wonders for me. Eventually I was back to my normal happy self! I took it for several years, in fact, I just got off of it earlier this year and I am doing fine.
I suggest you give the Effexor XR a try. If it doesn't work have your doctor try something different... just don't give up. You can beat this too!! Hang in there!!!
Tab, hang in there. You really and truly are doing just great, and sometimes there is more underneath the smoking - even for me, the heart flutter and breathing thing. I think smoking was masking it. None of us are perfect or perfectly happy, no matter how we sound when we put our blog faces out there with a smile. Work with your doc to do whatever needs to be done, and know that you still inspire me and that so many of us are pulling for you!!
I applaud and appreciate your honesty. Depression is no joke, and nothing to ignore. I agree, give the Effexor XR a chance (most meds take a while to start taking effect), and after the trial time, if it's not working, be sure to tell your Dr., so he can try something else. I started out on Cymbalta, then my Dr. switched me to Celexa, which didn't work as well, so I'm back on Cymbalta, and it works wonders for my anxiety and depression, but doesn't make me flat (I can still feel, but I can deal with the feelings).
Anyway, best of luck to you, and keep being honest. It really helps you to have a place to write about the real stuff in your life that's hard to deal with, and it helps us, as well.
Post a Comment