3 weeks on chantix and 2 weeks smoke free.
I just can't believe that it has went so fast seems like yesterday I went to the dr and he gave me the script to get my chantix......I remember how excited I was telling people I was going to quit.......Now I am just as equally excited to say that I am 2 whole weeks smoke free.My breathing is better......although this heat doesn't help........I ask myself what have I been thinking all these years I been smoking. I started so young. and look at all I have gave up because of my smoking habit. I cannot go back and change things but I can go forward and not do it again.....
I want to start letting you all that read my blog know a little more about me.......the person behind the blog.......
I am a 35 year old mother of 3 kids. Tyler is 13......Tristina is 11 and the baby well Tanner he is 8. I was borna dn raised in the town I live in which is Greensburg Indiana. I was raised by my grandparents they each have passed on Grandfather in 1983 and my grandmother in 1985. My first Cig was the day of my grandfathers visitation in 1983 my friends sister smoked and she told me to try one saying it would calm me .......I about puked I remember that first drag was it the nastiest shit I ever had..... but Later on I start smoking hard......despite the taste.
I graduted high school in 1990 and I met my Husband in early 1991 we didn't really ever date much I only seen him a few times in the beginning of that year......we didn't talk for a few months then I called him up in July 1991 I moved in with him and we were married on Dec 16 1991.
My husband isn't a smoker and he never has. I know he never liked me smoking and I would always tell him that when he married me I was a smoker and he wasn't going to change me. Oh he would piss me off when he would "fan" my smoke he would do it right up in my face.
I only hope with time my breathing will get better.....I am so over being sick all the time and hopefully stopping smoking will help that a lot. I know I already feel better since I dont smoke. and its great to go in the dr office and they ask if anyone in the house smokes I can now proudly say NO!!!!
well more soon
One day at a time............
3 comments:
Tabatha, congratulations and good luck on continued success. Feel free to add me. The heat and air quality here are miserable, too. I'm still trying to walk in the mornings during the traditional "smoke break". We're just not exerting ourselves too much due to the heat. I had to quit tobacco, as I'd lost 10% of lung capacity in the last 2 years. At that rate, seems I'd be dead in a few years and I'm not ready for that yet.
Many, many congrats, Tabatha! And thank you so much for your kind words over on my blog. It really means a lot to me. I think part of why I feel so connected with you is that I am the same age, graduated high school the same year, and was just one state away at the time. Anyway, I'm really very thrilled for you! You are just plain awesome. Keep going!
Wow, congrats! You're doing gooood! I wish you were my mother. My mom never quit. :(
Post a Comment