Ok so I have made it to day 2 and still no real side effects.
I logged 24 hours of smoking and OMG I didn't realize how
much I really smoked and how often I lit up. Geez!!!
I have noticed today a few times when i went to light up I would
look at the cig like I really didn't want it. Just out of habit I would smoke
it but not really want it. Could just be my brain getting ready. Heck I dunno.
But Im ready none the less. After tomorrows pills I go to 2 a day. I think
then is when I will begin really realizing the end is near ;-)
Today I went for my PFT (pulmonary functions test) to see just
exactly how my breathing is. The lady didn't look at all pleased. She did
tell me there was NO change once she gave me a nebulizer treatment. :-(
I did indeed finally go to sleep last night. I tell ya it was actually about 4am this
morning before I ever closed my eyes. I am awaiting approval from insurance about getting a CAT scan done on my kidneys to find out about this stone they seem to think that I have .....I am hoping to get it done and over by Saturday we are going to six flags Kentucky Kingdom with the kids. So anyway back to the smoking thing.....
I often ask myself why I started the nasty habit to begin with.......Peer pressure I believe was the reason. I thought it was KOOL to smoke. Well being KOOL has really done some damage to me and I only hope I can take back some of the damage. At least if I can't take it back can I maybe not get worse????? I only hope!
well I think I am gonna go try to lay down I am exhausted. From not sleeping last night lets hope I can tonight.
Peace out
3 comments:
Hey, Tabatha!
I have noticed a little of the "why am I smoking this?" thing today, too. I guess it might be because I have been glued to these blogs over the last two days and it's making me more aware of what I'm doing.
I'm looking forward to upping the dosage on Friday - let's get this thing over with. :)
I had the same feeling nearly right after starting the Chantix, I kept smoking the full week but had definitely cut back a lot by the end of the week.
The week that Chantix gives before quitting is such a great part of the process, I think. It's like once you start taking it, there's a sense of no turning back, and even as you are slowly starting not to "need" to smoke quite as much, it gives you that time to really take a look at your smoking in a different way and also to really start to gear up for that first big day.
Tab, I'm really hoping quitting will be able heal some of the damage. It definitely will make for a better situation than if you didn't quit. My fingers are crossed for you to regain as much as possible. You inspire me to keep going.
Post a Comment