I wonder what it will be like when I can wake up and not have to hurry to my nebulizer?
Tomorrow I start my journey to a healthier me. I am looking forward to laying my pack down and not picking up another. I am so ready to quit smoking. Tomorrow I start taking Chantix. Dr Warden gave me the prescription to begin the process. He says the urges will slowly go away. I can smoke for ONE more week. Then my pack will be forever empty and stay empty. I am ready to toss the ashtrays and lighters .
The kids are excited for me and they want me to quit. Tyler has begged me for a long time to quit. I remember the night he came in and was crying and telling me he just seen a tv show where a mom had cancer and she died and he said mom she never quit smoking, Please mom stop smoking I dont want you to die. This has just been in the past few months and I think him and the dr telling me that my breathing would never get better only worse if I continued to smoke. So I will begin my journey and as I go along I will post here to keep everyone up to date on my progress.
Ready and willing to quit
Tabatha
2 comments:
Congrats, Tab, on the best decision you will probably ever make for you and for your kids, too! I'm glad I ran into you on myspace, and I really look forward to hearing about your journey. I'll add a link to your blog on mine as well. Good luck!
Congrats to you on making this huge decision.
I remember the day my son came to me with a very similar message. It nearly broke my heart. He was in the 5th grade I think and his teacher had asked the class to write an essay about what they wanted most in life.
His was about wanting his "mom to quit smoking" so she wouldn't die and leave him all alone. Being the horrible addict I was I tried to explain it away to him why I didn't quit and in the end I fear it hurt my relationship with him. He is 18 now and I apologize every day to him for not quitting years ago.
I thought I had posted my goodbye to cigarettes letter at my blog but I guess I didn't.. will have to do that as I think I talked a bit about how smoking effected our relationship.
Post a Comment